Thursday, August 27, 2015

Fancy Nancy & the Mermaid Ballet


Fancy Nancy is one of Gracie's favorite book characters. I am always on the look out for these books at the library because they never sit on the shelf for very long. During our last trip to the library we found Fancy Nancy and the Mermaid Ballet. I loved that this story dealt with jealousy and someone else getting what you want. We have had this type of trouble more frequently in the last year with Gracie becoming a big sister! In the story Fancy Nancy gives her friend a beautiful shell tiara and Gracie and I decided to make our own. I didn't have any shells at home or a real crown so I improvised with construction paper and a shell coloring page. The end result was the same - a beautiful crown to practice ballet in AND Gracie was occupied for a good chunk of time. Win-win if you ask me! 


No comments:

Post a Comment