Monday, March 30, 2015

Testimonies!



Today I am sharing my testimony - I was inspired to share when fellow blogger Brittany Ashmore reached out and asked for others to share their stories. You can checkout her blog here! It's one of my favorites!! As I'm writing my Mom and I are watching God's Not Dead - if you haven't seen it I highly recommend it. It's available on Netflix! The film is a good reminder that God is constantly providing opportunities to spread His good news. Easter is coming up and what better way to spread his word than to invite your friends, family and coworkers to worship? 



I was born into a family that believes in God. Growing up we didn't regularly go to church and occasionally we would attend on Christmas Eve or Easter. Jesus was never a daily topic of conversation in our home, and I didn't give Him much thought as a teenager.
When I was 18 I knew something was missing from my life. I know Jesus was calling me and I started to regularly attend church with a few friends. Back then I felt like life with Jesus was just a set of rules to live by and being a Christian seemed like a lot of work. I didn't keep up with going to church and slowly drifted further and further from God.After fading back into routine I surrounded myself with more distraction to fill that missing piece. Pretty soon I found myself in a relationship with someone that was practically a stranger and before I knew it I was pregnant. As soon as I heard that little heartbeat I was set on rearranging my priorities, everything else would take a back seat to this perfect little baby. After my sweet baby girl was born life was HARD as it is with any newborn. Her Daddy was gone a lot and we just couldn't get along. He would do things to emotionally hurt me and I would retaliate back. Those few months were dark. Most days I would end up crying myself to sleep on the bathroom floor. In that dark moment of my life I prayed, and I hadn't prayed in years. It felt so foreign and a little silly but I begged God for change. When I woke up the next morning I was in the exact same situation but what did change was me. I had a better attitude, my head was clear, I had a plan and I saw the lighted path. I accepted offers to join friends at church and found a place where I felt like I belonged. I used to get so embarrassed because every single service would make me cry. A very smart woman from my church explained that the tears were the holy spirit moving through me. What a joy that was to hear! The holy spirit moving through me. Even though Gracie's Dad and I could not make things work, God had another plan for me and I found peace in that. A few years later I was blessed with a man who loves Gracie more than anything in the world.I had declared my love for Jesus to my family and close friends but had never been baptized. That changed last summer when I declared it to the world and was baptized in August 2014 with my two girls, Gracie and Claire. I am so grateful for what Jesus' love has done for my life and how it has changed me.



How is God working in your life? Would you like to share your testimony?
Contact Brittany Ashmore, comment here on the blog
or find me on Instagram (@ashtonwitz) 

No comments:

Post a Comment