Monday, May 18, 2015

A little Trip to the ER



We almost had a fun and uneventful weekend... almost! After a busy Saturday morning we were looking for a good way to cool down in the 90 degree Florida heat! We loaded up the family and headed down to our community pool. It was packed! Claire was having a great time in her pool lounger while Daddy was splashing in the big kid pool with Gracie. Gracie had a blast jumping in the water and practicing her swimming skills. She must have gotten in and out of the water a hundred times that day. Gracie lifted herself out of the water and BAM her chin slammed into the side of the pool wall. Ouch! I thought she would be just fine, she wasn't even crying! And then I saw her chin bleeding. I hopped out of the water so fast to take a look and I knew immediately we would be heading to the hospital. Daddy was on the other side of the pool and I tried to my best to signal to him that it was time to GO.
The lifeguards seemed pretty stunned about Gracie's injury. I even asked them for gauze and they seemed to fumble getting that together. The real heroes of the day were the other Moms at the pool. You can always count on Moms, right!? One Mom gave us her clean white towel to help with the bleeding - thank you awesome Mom who ever you are, you are a total lifesaver! Another Mom helped us gather up our pool toys and walked with us out to our car and gave us directions to the closest hospital. A big thank you to her too! My faith in people has been restored since moving here. I love seeing people being supportive and loving towards others - it is so inspiring.
Daddy drove us to the hospital and we didn't have to wait long before we were taken back. Thankfully no stitches needed, just a lot of super glue! This will be the second time she had to be glued back together and I have a feeling it won't be the last. Gracie was such a trooper! She only cried when we told her we had to go to the hospital. She is my dare devil child and I wouldn't trade her for the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment